Privacy Canada is community-supported. We may earn a commission when make a purchase through one of our links. Learn more.
Fluent Home Security Review
A home security system is a group of electronic components that safeguards your home from intruders. Fluent is one such company that offers home security solutions to Canadian and American customers.
In this Fluent Home Security review, we’ll cover everything the company has to offer to help you decide if it is the right choice for you.
Fluent Home Security Quick Summary
Fluent Home Security offers flexible packages and professional monitoring services that allow you to get hands-on with your equipment setups.
- Home automation
- Remote control access
- Additional automation devices
- Email and text notifications
- Customizable plans and equipment
- Requires a professional installation
- Touchscreen control panel
- Customized non-alarm alerts
- Remote arm and disarm control
- Remote web and mobile access
- Fire, smoke, and heat monitoring
- 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring
- Optional carbon monoxide monitoring
- Optional temperature and flood monitoring
- Optional personal emergency response device
- Caters to customers in the United States and Canada
Fluent Home Security Review
Founded in 2010, Fluent Home is a popular Canada-based security systems provider that offers flexible packages from basic security equipment to advanced home automation to meet the different needs of different families.
Customers are further allowed to add devices like door and window sensors, outdoor cameras, and automated thermostats to each package.
The security systems offered by Fluent are professionally installed, and 24/7 monitored, which helps in giving you peace of mind that your home is safe.
The company offers customizable and state-of-the-art technology and security and energy management products and services.
Meanwhile, home automation products and services are available for an additional fee. Fluent also gives back to the community through charitable donations.
Now, let’s check out the features offered by Fluent to meet your home automation and security needs in this Fluent Home Security review.
At Fluent Home Security Canada, there are no pre-built packages. What you get here is a custom solution that fulfills your specific needs.
This means you only pay for the security equipment you need and have selected yourself. So, while you get what you need and nothing else, you won’t be missing out on anything either.
The standard features offered by Fluent involve 24/7/365 burglary & theft monitoring, email along with text and notifications, and a customized 8-point security system.
Not only does it have an easy-to-use touchscreen control panel, but it also offers you remote web & mobile access.
Optional features at Fluent meanwhile are carbon monoxide monitoring, flood sensors & freeze detection, personal medical emergency device, lighting control, HVAC control, and automated door locks.
In smart home automation, you get access to a 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera.
In addition, we discovered in our Fluent Home Security review that you can adjust the thermostat, turn on/off your lights remotely, and control your door locks remotely.
Remote Control Access
The remote control access is provided to you through the Alarm.com app. Once you have installed the app, you can remotely monitor and control all your systems from one integrated interface in real-time.
So, if you want access to your home security system from anywhere in the world at any time, you will surely enjoy this feature of Fluent Home.
The app allows homeowners to receive customizable real-time alerts and schedule them to arm and disarm.
Additionally, the company prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service to help you with any issues that you may be facing.
Adds on here include remote real-time video, unique user codes, history log, electronic door locks and lighting, appliance, thermostat, and HVAC control.
When using the Fluent Home Security Canada system, you get professional 24/7 monitoring through landline or cellular support.
The company’s call centers communicate with homeowners through their two-way intercom and the dispatch of police, fire department, and emergency personnel when needed.
Besides around-the-clock burglary and theft monitoring, email and text notifications when necessary, Fluent Home also provides sports motion sensors and glass break detector functionality.
Motion detectors are pretty easy to install and monitor from your smartphone mobile app. These monitoring service rates start at $29.99 per month, per our Fluent Home Security review.
Fluent Home Security Pricing and Packages
The cost of employing Fluent Home’s products and services varies depending on your plan. However, all of its security packages require a commitment to a 36-month term, which is pretty common within the home security industry.
Fluent has four home security packages:
- Security Plus
- Security Silver
- Security Gold
- Security Platinum
Each package offers the same security devices and features covering 24/7 intrusion monitoring, heat/smoke monitoring, a cellular connection, email and text alerts, Fluent Home App, 2-way voice, and remote arm/disarm.
What’s different in these packages is access to additional automation devices. While there aren’t any in its Security Plus package for your basic protection needs, you get to add many features in the Security Silver package.
It includes home automation out of video surveillance, smart door locks, smart lighting, smart garage door, video doorbell, smart thermostat, and smart water valve.
In the Security Gold package, which provides protection and energy management, you can add any two home automation products, while the Security Platinum plan is for those who want to have it all as it includes more than three home automation.
All of these plans do come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, meaning you can try the features thoroughly risk-free, and if you don’t like the company’s security, you can always ask for a refund.
There is no pricing structure available on Fluent Security’s website. Instead, you must fill out an online form or call 1- 888-908-9701 to receive a free quote.
This isn’t necessarily a bad thing as you will only be paying for those products and services that you actually are using.
The company offers free professional installation and no setup costs. However, you would be paying a $99 fee if you want to move the security system to a new location.
Types of Fluent Home Security Equipment
Besides offering basic devices and services, Fluent Security also provides additional automation and security devices to protect your home better.
- Part of the Fluent Home Security system, the motion detector, which is also pet-sensitive, is equipped with a 110-degree viewing angle and encrypted communication technology.
Glass Break Detector
- This detector uses dual shatter technology to sense broken glass within 15 feet of a window.
Door and Window Sensor
- This is to monitor the entryways to your home and detect when they open or close to trigger an alarm when the system is armed.
Smart Touch Control Panel
- This glass touchscreen control panel is the center of your system that provides cellular backup and allows two-way audio verification with your professional monitoring call center.
- Google Home and Amazon Echo also work seamlessly to make your family’s life easier.
Automated Lamp Module
- You can remotely access it via the Fluent app and from there, can turn your lamp on and off as well as dim the lights even if your lamp doesn’t have a dimmer.
Automated Garage Door
- This device gives you control over your garage door through the smartphone and a mobile app.
- This smart device saves energy by adapting to your daily routine and adjusting the temperature as needed, helping you save money. You can either control it remotely through the Fluent app or the panel.
Doorbell Video Camera
- Fluent provides surveillance technology through its doorbell camera that provides HD 1080p quality video with two-way communication and motion-sensing technology.
- The outdoor camera is waterproof and uses wi-fi to connect to your fluent app to provide real-time notifications.
- This camera wirelessly connects to your system, providing night-vision technology and two-way communication. You can mount it on a wall or place it on a desk.
Smoke and Heat Detector
- As part of property devices, the smoke and heat detector comes with a built-in, 85-decibel alarm that provides 24/7 service even during power failures and alerts you to a potential fire within your home.
Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Fluent Home also monitors your home’s air quality. This detector checks the air inside your home for carbon monoxide and sounds an 85-decibel alarm is detected.
- Placed next to your home’s major plumbing lines, it alerts you to potential leaks.
Fluent Home Security Customer Support
Fluent provides customer service through online messenger and over the phone at 888-908-9701 from Monday to Saturday between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, while on Sunday, it’s from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. MST.
You can also reach out to them via the Help Center, where you can view frequently asked questions and learn about their devices.
Fluent Home Security is a pretty solid option with its state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services.
In addition to your home, Fluent also offers a security solution for your business covering 24/7 monitoring, burglar detection, file monitoring, access control, smart security, and video surveillance.
Fluent Home Security Review FAQs
What is Fluent Home Security?
Fluent home security provides you with smart, customizable, and state-of-the-art technology to always keep your home secure and protected.
How do I Contact Fluent Home Security?
We uncovered in our Fluent Home Security review, we uncovered that you can reach out to Fluent Security through online messenger or over the phone at 888-908-9701 from Monday to Saturday between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. MST, while on Sunday, it’s from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. MST.
How Much Does Fluent Home Security Cost?
There is no set price at Fluent Home Security Canada. Instead, you pay for what you use. You can fill out an online form or call 1-888-908-9701 to receive a free quote.
All the Fluent Security packages come with a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try its product and services risk-free.